Take the next step in your psychiatric career and become a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
• Fellow status is an honor that reflects your dedication to the work of the APA and signifies your allegiance to the psychiatric profession.
• You are recognized by your colleagues in the Association as a member of a very select group.
• All newly appointed Fellows are publicly recognized at the Convocation of Distinguished Fellows, which is held every year during APA’s Annual Meeting.
• You receive a lapel pin in recognition of your status.
Annual dues rates for General Members and Fellows are the same.
• Must be a current APA General Member or Life Member in good standing.
• Certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or the American Osteopathic Association.
• 30-day review period for the district branch to offer comments about the Fellowship candidate.
• Approval by the APA Membership Committee in October.
• Approval by the APA Board of Trustees in December.
All fellowship applications must be submitted by September 1.
Applicants may apply by:
1. Downloading and completing the application
2. Submitting an online application. You may apply beginning in mid-February.
P.O. Box 1781 East Lansing, MI 4882
Phone | 517.285.4568
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick contact form
Error: Contact form not found.